Android|IOS programming developments- which one to choose?
• Android is a touchscreen mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software, built primarily for smartphones and tablets.
• A smartphone, tablet PC, e-book reader, or any other source of mobile device that requires an operating system is an Android device.
• The Open Handset Alliance, led by Google, developed the Android. It had released first on November 5, 2007. Android Inc. was the company that created it.
• Android offers a robust application framework that enables us to create cutting-edge android apps.
- iOS (formerly iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. exclusively for its hardware.
- It is the operating system including the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It specifically excludes the Mac. Also called “iDevice” or “iThing.”
- It is the world’s second-most widely installed mobile operating system, after Android. It is the basis for three other operating systems made by Apple: iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS. It is proprietary software, although some parts of it are open source under the Apple Public Source License and other licenses.
- Initial release date: 29 June 2007
Research on the percentage of the mobile users of Android|IOS devices according to global stats-Mobile operating systems worldwide market share 2021:
Creating an app is a very challenging and time-consuming process. It is rapidly growing in the widespread usage of mobile phones, their appeal among end-users, and changing corporate demands. Referring to a Statista report, the number of smartphone users had exceeded 6.055 billion in 2020, with a further increase in 2021 to 6.378 billion. The global number of mobile phone users is assumed to increase to 6.648 billion marks by 2022.
Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are operating systems. They are utilized extensively in mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Android, which is based on Linux and is partially open-source, is more PC-like than iOS in terms of its interface and fundamental functionality, which are customized from top to bottom. The consistent design aspects of iOS, on the other hand, are sometimes viewed as more user-friendly.
Check out the Major differences, Pros & Cons, usability, design-friendly parameters between Android vs IOS programming developments
- It is the first Android platform developed by Google and currently holds around 72.72% acc. to the market share. Since its release in 2007, it has become a bleeding mobile operating system.
What are the pros of using the Android platform for application development?
- Open System: Android developers received access to more features it is restricted in IOS applications.
- UI design: Developers can use extensive design guidelines provided by Google to create an intuitive user interface.
- Fragmentation: Android apps can customize for different devices, including wearables, TVs, in-car systems, and more.
- Worldwide audience: In terms of market share, the platform has a strong presence in emerging regions such as Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Tech-savvy users: Android is the apparent winner in terms of the quantity of technically competent users and niche applications (fintech, IT, and others).
- Release: Android applications are easier to publish and way more affordable. The entire process can complete in just a few hours.
- Design guidelines: Developers can easily create a unique user interface using Google design guidelines.
What are the cons of the Android platform?
- Fragmentation: Against fragmentation can also be a drawback. Android devices come in different screen sizes resolutions. Developers may need more time to customize features for distinctive devices.
- Testing: Since Android versions and devices are varied, it might take more time for a QA specialist to test your application.
- Expensive: The longer the development and testing stage will be higher the price. It depends on the application features and complexity.
Top programming languages preferred in Android developments
- CORONA SDK
- To discuss related to iOS Apple that developed the IOS platform for usage on its native devices. Although IOS holds only around 26.46% of the market share, it packs a powerful punch with other capabilities. Also, iOS usability is more common in developed countries that point to a significant increase in potential revenue
What are the pros of using a platform for IOS development?
- Revenue: Studies show that Apple users spend more money on app purchases compared to Android users.
- Less fragmentation: Because IOS powers Apple devices only, your application can be designed uncomplicatedly for the limited number of screens and devices.
- Universal audience: When you release an iOS app, It mainly focuses on first-world countries like North America, Oceania, or Western Europe, where you may have more monetization opportunities.
- Financially lucrative market. According to statistics, iOS users spend almost three times more money than Android users, so you may have a better chance of launching a popular e-commerce app on iOS.
- UI design: Apple provides a detailed style guide for the application UI, so developers need less time to develop it, making it more affordable in the application design stage.
- Tools that can use for enjoyment or creativity: The iPhone Operating System is a widely used platform for gaming, social media, and innovation.
- High security: iPhone Operating System provides a comprehensive environment for maintaining confidential user data to developers and business owners.
What are the cons of the IOS platform?
- Release: The app store had review strict guidelines that it will reject your application due to security compliances, a lack of quality content, or work performance.
- Furthermore, apps needed to get submitted for real-life testing, which could usually take a few days.
- Flexibility: IOS applications are usually had to customizable because the platform has many restrictions.
Top 7 programming languages used in IOS developments
- Objective C
- HTML 5
Another data worth mentioning is the market share breakdown by average consumer age. Apple devices are preferred by 70% of 18 to 24-year-olds, whereas the distribution of operating systems among 55-65-year-olds is about equal. Android engaged by 49%, iOS by 47%, and 4% use neither of the two.
Accordingly, Java is programmed to create Android-based apps. It necessitates the writing of a substantial amount of code. Swift is a brand-new programming language for creating iOS apps. Swift allows you to code significantly faster than Java. In comparison to Swift engineers, Java engineers need a lot more time to code. Swift had initially launched in 2014 that allows developers to create apps more quickly.
There is a potential Java alternative is the Kotlin coding language, which is fully compatible with Java. It formed as a Java language enhancement: it’s simple to use and read. Furthermore, Kotlin is currently widely regarded as the primary language for Android app development.
To sum up, your choice of platform is dependant on a variety of factors. There is no particular answer. If you want to generate high revenue, an uncomplicated development process, and data security and privacy, you should choose the iOS platform. On the other hand, the Android platform would be more suited if you choose to target a wider audience, a faster release timeline, and more customizations.
Most Trending Articles