IOS is known as a mobile operating system introduced by Apple. So the Operating System name is the iPhone operating system probably, can install on three devices – IPHONE, IPAD, iPod touch.
What is an IOS?
Earlier it was called as iPhone OS. IOS is a Unix-like operating system depending on Darwin (BSD) operating system. It is the world’s second most popularly used mobile operating system next to Android. IOS generally programmed in C, C++, Objective-C, assembly language, and Swift. The first model of iOS got released in 2007. The latest version of IOS-15.0 is announced by ‘Apple inc.’ on 07 Jun 2021 at Apple Worldwide Developers Conference(WWDC).
Alike the software applications for website runs on Desktops, Computers similarly the mobile applications will be running on mobile devices. However, these IOS applications will be running only on apple mobile devices. It won’t operate on any other platforms.
It is set only for the IOS platform. Just like the windows application cannot be installed into ‘LINUX’ same as the iPhone applications won’t be installed into Android, Blackberry, or windows operating system. Because of its platform dependency, native apps are referred to as such because they run on their self-operating system.
The architecture of iOS is layered. It has a layer between the apps and the hardware that prevents them from communicating directly. In iOS, the bottom levels provide fundamental functions, while the upper layers give the user interface and advanced visuals.
Apple IOS Architecture
Who is an IOS Developer?
An IOS developer is the one who is responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s IOS operating system. Ideally, a professional IOS developer is expertise with one of the two programming languages for the IOS platform(Objective-C or Swift).
What are the duties and responsibilities of an IOS developer?
- To design and build the mobile applications for Apple’s IOS platform.
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features
- To ensure the quality and performance of the application according to the requirements.
- To identify the potential problems and rectifying application bottlenecks.
- Should fix the application bugs before the final release.
- Publishing application on App store
- To maintain the code and automation of the application.
- Updates to the application are being designed and implemented.
- There are 1600-2000 fresher openings available at any time.
- The average salary income range for an IOS developer is approx. 25,000 per month in India.
Why Mobile Apps?
Easy of use
To do task within less time/user friendly
Ease of navigation
Faster load of screens
Display necessary content
What are the skills required for an IOS developer?
- Working experience in IOS development should possess deep familiarity with Swift-UI and Cocoa Touch.
Top 7 programming languages used in IOS development:
- Objective C
- HTML 5
IOS frameworks: Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text.
Analyzing the complete mobile development life cycle is the most prominent skill an IOS developer possesses.
Responsibilities of an IOS developer
- Accurate in designing and developing the latest applications for the IOS platform.
- Includes defining, designing, and releasing new features in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for unit-testing code for robustness, usability, including edge cases, and general reliability.
Career possibilities for IOS developer
Some of the related job roles are Lead IOS developer, mobile architect, etc. It’s an area with a broad scope.
Most Trending Articles